This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Knotify visibility

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Manolete
Registered Member
OS

Knotify visibility

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:01 am
Is there any way to make notifications when copying files stay visible?
I use my desktop with the autohide option enabled for my panel, and when I copy large (several hundred MB) files knotify hides before the whole copying process is complete; since I don't see my panel I don't know when the copying really finishes. It's very annoying to have to make the panel visible by hand just to know when the copy is done. Is it possible to make knotify popup window visible untill copying ends? I haven't seen such an option in System Settings.

Using KDE 4.2 from Debian Unstable/Experimental.

Regards
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

RE: Knotify visibility

Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:38 am
At this time this feature is not available. You may wish to file a feature request at bugs.kde.org, or ask on the Plasma development mailing list about being able to change the display time.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
sayakb
Administrator
OS

Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:14 pm
You can always click on the notification icon Image as soon as the copy begins to make the notifications stay.

seele
Registered Member

Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:36 pm
I believe the plasma team is working on an animation to make the relationship between the notification ui, the information icon, and the minimization of the ui to the icon more clear. Also, the information icon will be improved so it is more obvious what it means. Currently it is just a stop gap.

KDE Usability Project
usability.kde.org
Manolete
Registered Member
OS

Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:51 pm
LinuxIsInnovation
Yes, I know, but that's what I'd like to avoid.

bcooksley
Yes, I think if what seele says doesn't solve this issue it will be the time to make a feature request. But let's wait and see.

Thank y'all guys, :)