This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

I need help please!!!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dragoncaat
Registered Member

I need help please!!!

Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:26 am
I NEED HELP!! I am Running Seriously out of memory even though I have OVER 40 GIGABYTESS on my haaaaard drive left , some of which aaare in winddowsss folders
how can I get more free memory so I can add more programs to my KDE desktop environment saffely without damaaging windddowss and winddows files and folders ect?? it iss telling me I have only 74 megabytes left when I kn oow I have a lot more... and HELP!!!! every time I type I ofteen get like two , 3 or sometimes a WHOLE buncch off reepeeaaaatss of Every cchaaraaaaacter I type allmost... sometimess... How can I fix this!! please help... thanks also I caaant seem to click send on this there are no edges to this window!! I am using KONKEROR! Oh how I do hate Konkereror!!
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

RE: I need help please!!!

Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:46 am
I think you have gotten confused. KDE is referring to free memory ( RAM ) while free space is referrring to your hard drive.

You should be able to fix the multiple characters being placed in System Settings > Keyboard & Mouse, by increasing the Keyboard repeat delay, or decreasing the rate.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
tkoski
Registered Member
OS

RE: I need help please!!!

Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:33 am
Hi Drangoncaat,

If bcooksley's help with the "multiple repeating chars" is not enough, check this post: -solved-keyboard-too-slow-and-repeating-t-14274.html#pid18986

I hope it helps.

For the disk space issues you can check the available space of your filesystems (if you are doubt the warning message) by typing:

Code: Select all
$ df -h

To see what "folders" are taking the most space, you can play with the "du" command.

http://homepage.mac.com/paalb/Examples/du.html
http://www.linfo.org/du.html

I hope this will help you to find a solution to your problems.

Attitude before intelligence.