This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

RSS feed for user's threads

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Alec
Registered Member
OS

RSS feed for user's threads

Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:35 am
I think it'd be really neat if I each user would have an RSS feed that would get updated anytime someone posted in a thread to which they subscribed. That would be much more convenient than getting emails, and it would allow the user to know if someone answered them.

Would something like that be possible?

Get problems solved faster - get reply notifications through Jabber!
Cader
Registered Member
OS

RE: RSS feed for user's threads

Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:14 am
Alec wrote:I think it'd be really neat if I each user would have an RSS feed that would get updated anytime someone posted in a thread to which they subscribed. That would be much more convenient than getting emails, and it would allow the user to know if someone answered them.

I second that if it is possible.
of_darkness
Registered Member

Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:29 pm
Alec wrote:I think it'd be really neat if I each user would have an RSS feed that would get updated anytime someone posted in a thread to which they subscribed. That would be much more convenient than getting emails, and it would allow the user to know if someone answered them.

yeh the emails as they are now forces one 2 go to the forum , somtimes you do want 2 answer on a post, and more often youl be hapy just reding the post in your email.

and rss is esier in my mind to, then you can get all of your news stuff in the same plce and not get your email account filled whit things that is better placed i the rss client archive.

of_darkness, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
neverendingo
Administrator
OS

Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:27 pm
Currently you can select all threads you get updates about per hand. But you only get a new rss entry on n NEW THREAD, not on answers.
As this is something new to be implemented, i ask you to please open a poll in discussions about that to let us see, if implementing this new feature is worth the time.
Thank you for the input.

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.
of_darkness
Registered Member

Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:56 pm
poll added in discussions :)

of_darkness, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Alec
Registered Member
OS

Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:20 pm
of_darkness wrote:poll added in discussions :)

And here's the link to it:
http://forum.kde.org/showthread.php?tid=9447

Get problems solved faster - get reply notifications through Jabber!