This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] Increase Trash Size

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
undoIT
Registered Member
OS

[SOLVED] Increase Trash Size

Sat May 16, 2009 4:50 pm
The default size for the Trash is set too low. I am running Kubuntu 9.04 and I keep getting warnings about the size and needing to delete the trash. I am not able to delete some folders at all because they are too large. One would think there would be a contextual menu / settings screen to adjust this after right-clicking the Trash, but there isn't. I've done some digging in Kubuntu and on Google and I can't find this setting or instructions anywhere. Does somebody know where this is?

Also, it might be better to have the Trash folder size set to unlimited by default and let the users who want to restrict this adjust it manually.

Last edited by undoIT on Sun May 17, 2009 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image GNU/Linux user since 2007 | Keyboard Shortcuts | Coupon Code Swap
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

RE: Increase Trash Size

Sat May 16, 2009 10:40 pm
Dolphin > Settings > Configure Dolphin > (File Management) > Trash. The settings are there which allow you to control the size, at least in Trunk.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
undoIT
Registered Member
OS

RE: Increase Trash Size

Sun May 17, 2009 11:55 pm
bcooksley wrote:Dolphin > Settings > Configure Dolphin > (File Management) > Trash. The settings are there which allow you to control the size, at least in Trunk.

Aaahhh. Relief!

Deceptively simple, yet difficult to find. Perhaps there could be a shortcut in context menu when right-clicking Trash icon.

Image GNU/Linux user since 2007 | Keyboard Shortcuts | Coupon Code Swap